TERMINATE A STOPPED DB2 UTILITY
When your DB2 LOAD JOB stops with some issue, your TABLESPACE status will show UTUT, which means the LOAD utility that used in your job has actually held your TABLESPACE. At this point, you cannot even do a SELECT on your Table. So to re submit the LOAD job or to access the DB2 table, you have to first terminate the utility that has held your TABLESPACE. The UTILITY id usually will be your JOB NAME or you can even get it from the abended JOB in the SPOOL.
Once you have the UTILITY ID, follow the below steps to terminate it.
- Go to DB2I(DB2 interactive functions).
- Select your DB2 subsystem.
- Go to option 7 (DB2 commands).
- Use the command “-DISPLAY UTIL(*)” to see the utilities currently being executing or stopped.
- Use the command “-TERM UTIL(MYUTIL)” to terminate the problem utility id “MYUTIL”.
Note: This post is just to let you know the way to terminate the utility. Please read the comment from Jun below. As mentioned, this should be considered as last resort. It is always best to check with DBA before performing. In testing phase, if you are sure, you are not losing anything, you can go ahead and do this.