I think many of you might be already aware of this. Below are different types on how a job can be run by creating necessary settings in CA7/AUTOSYS.
- Demanded Manually
- Scheduled to run at specific time
- Triggered as soon as another job is complete
- Triggered as soon as a mainframe dataset is created (from its predecessor job)
- Triggered as soon as a File (Excel/CSV/Fixed Format) is available at a specific network location
We are going to talk about option 5 where when a job is triggered as soon as a file is placed at a location. This is helpful in scenarios where you have business users wanting you to run a specific job based on the same format input (different data though) multiple times across a day/week/month. Instead of doing manual steps like FTP dataset, run job, send report to business.
You can automate this by asking business users to place the latest file in a specific network folder and create a new triggered job (and job settings in AUTOSYS) which triggers the job as soon as a new file is placed.
Job steps can be
- To read the file
- Format it
- Process it
- Send out an email with required report/details
- Finally delete the input file
In United States, If you would like to Earn Free Stocks, Credit card Points and Bank account Bonuses, Please visit My Finance Blog
You may also like to look at: