This is very useful feature when you are doing analysis on the existing modules.
Apart from using it in interactive mode, you can run a batch job to do a search for a string or multiple strings in a single PDS or multiple PDS.
- You can search for a specific word (word delimited by space or end-of-line condition)
- You can search for word starting with specific characters (Prefix search)
- You can search for word ending with specific characters (Suffix search)
- You can search multiple words on the same line
- You can search with in a specific column range
- You can search for a string after a specific column
You can search for a string which has a single quote in it
(If the string itself contains single quotes, use two consecutive single quotes (e.g., ‘it”s’).
More details with examples are available in the below link.
In United States, If you would like to Earn Free Stocks, Credit card Points and Bank account Bonuses, Please visit My Finance Blog
You may also like to look at:
|Working on Mainframes – Is Change to a different technology necessary|